Thursday, February 11, 2010

For the Forgiveness of Sins

“You do not know what you are asking. Can you drink the chalice that I am going to drink?”
"We can.”
“My chalice indeed you will drink."

****

My chalice – held out to you,
A servant's offering.
My chalice – the wine of Cana,
Abundance of life's joy.
My chalice – of living water,
Flowing for you always.
My chalice – gift of the Father,
For the Son to accept.
My chalice – covenant in my blood,
A ransom for many.
My chalice – soured vinegar,
Strange tasting victory.
My chalice – for you also to drink,
A share in my Kingdom.

*********
A sidetrack I took in the Lenten booklet I'm writing. Call it a preview.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey kiddo--thought you'd appreciate knowing It's really nice to read your blog.
Love, Cathy

Peggy Hagen said...

Cath, thank you. :) Hoping to get down to see you in June!