Tuesday, July 1, 2008

No anchorite me.

Where two or three are gathered in Your name, You are there in their midst - when two are united in prayer, that unity is a gift and sign of Your Spirit's presence. Yes, there is great good in prayer alone to God, and in joining others in prayer at Mass or praise & worship - but it's good too to have someone to say the quiet daily prayers with. Even just one person, even for just one day's visit. It's an odd way of being lonely, maybe, or not an aspect that usually jumps to mind - but there it is. Not having someone to pray with. But it's a loneliness I've chosen, not by mere default but actively; in trust that through it is how I can offer my best service to God and how I can best make Him known...if only I will. It's in trust of Christ's promise of "a hundredfold"; that any sacrifice made for Him, He will not pass over in silence.

No comments: